Retail, the high street review and the revivification of historic cores
Retail, the high street review and the revivification of historic cores |
|London - 23 March 2012
Last autumn HTF responded to the Mary Portas BIS High Street Review by holding two joint roundtable events with English Heritage, attended by leading figures from the retail and heritage sectors. This has fed directly into the Review and will feed further into this HTF retail seminar.
Places will be in demand for this insight into retail issues, examples and best practice within historic high streets so please secure your place as soon as possible! BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW!
This highly topical programme will include speakers from:
- The Department of Communities and Local Government
- The Local Government Associaton
- The Historic Towns Forum
- English Heritage
- Land Securities
- The British Parking Association
- And other leading figures within the retail and historic built environment sectors.
Topics will cover, amongst others:
- Strategic and local planning issues - particularly in light of the Mary Portas Review and the imminent National Planning Policy Framework
- Design issues within the historic retail landscape
- The relationship with tourism and destination management
- The ATCM 10 point manifesto
- Analysis and examples of best practice with regard to town centre management issues
- Guidance on issues currently facing local authorities and other stakeholders.
- The mix and retention of uses within historic town centres, including finding new uses for historic buildings.
VIEW THE PROGRAMME AND BOOK NOW
Conference places from £109*
*HTF Member and Earlybird discounts apply, and extra discounts are available.